Notice of Personal Data and Information to our Valued Customers/Prospective Customers
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to the requirement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, we are issuing this notice to all our valued customers/prospective customers.
When dealing with us as our valued customers/prospective customers, we will request you to provide us your data and information (“personal data”) so that we can enter into transaction with you and/or to deliver services, notices, facilities and/or products whether present or future to you.
We collect your personal data when you telephone or email or contact us via any other methods to make any inquiries and/or correspond with us.
2. NATURE AND DEFINITION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data means information in respect of commercial transaction that relates directly or indirectly to an individual (“data subject”), who is identified from that information alone or with other information including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about a data subject. Examples of Personal Data includes but not limited to information such as name, age, address, identity card number, passport number, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, contact number, email address, children’s details, financier’s details, credit card and bank account details.
3. NATURE AND DEFINITION OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Sensitive Personal Data means any personal information consisting information including but not limited to physical or mental health or condition of a data subject, political views, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence or any other personal data . We shall not process any of your sensitive personal unless explicit consent has been obtained from you.
4. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be/is being collected, used and otherwise processed for but not limited to the following purposes:-
- for administration purposes;
- for the marketing purpose where we will use your personal data to identify good and services in which you may be interested and market offers to you in relation to such goods and services;
- for communication purposes with you vide SMS, fax, phone call, email and/or other appropriate communication channels;
- for delivery of notices, services, facilities or products provided by us whether present or future to you;
- to process your payment transactions;
- for the purposes of exercising or performing any right or obligation which is conferred or imposed by law on us;
- for the purposes of meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our services and products and making such disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by –law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- for the purposes of our corporate governance;
- for the purposes in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records;
- for security and fraud prevention purposes;
- to monitor, review and improve our products, facilities and/or services;
- to conduct research and analysis;
- to advertise and market our products and services, and those of our third party business partners;
- to manage risk relating to our business, including credit risk, fraud risk and operational risk; and/or
- (a) such other purposes relevant to the products and services provided by us. (these purposes shall collectively be referred to as “the Purposes”).
5. SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be collected, processed and used by us, are sourced from wholly legitimate and transparent means such as:
- official Request for Information forms that are provided to you by our employees or agents;
- any emails or any correspondences that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries;
- any forms that you have submitted on our website or any websites contracted by us;
- any referrals from any third parties authorized by us;
- Business cards that were dropped or given to our employees, agents, or associates; or
- any messages or comments you submit to us in whatever manner, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number.
At no time will any personal data be purchased by us or in any way commercially acquired through the purchase or trading of illegitimate and illegal Personal Data databases or lists.
6. THIRD PARTY CONSENTS
When you provide us with information relating to a third party or where you purchase goods and/or services on behalf of a third party, you confirm that you have informed and obtained consent, if necessary, of that third party to the processing of his or her information by us and third parties. This may include the use of his or her details for marketing purposes or disclosure to the credit bureau and for fraud prevention purposes.
7. FAILURE OF NOT PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data provided by you to us are wholly voluntary in nature and you are not under any obligation or under any duress to do so.
However, the failure to obtain your personal data will lead to the following:-
- we will not be able to provide you with updates in relation to our products and/or services;
- we will not be able to provide you with any notice, services and/or products which you have requested;
- affect the ability of the parties to enter necessary documentations in respect of any related transactions; and
- affect the ability for us to comply with any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by laws, guidelines and/or codes applicable to us.
8. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information we gather is not given to or otherwise shared with other organizations for commercial or any other purposes.
Your personal data will be kept confidential at all times by us but you hereby irrevocably consent and authorise us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of parties for the Purposes set out under Section 4 above to the following either in Malaysia or out of Malaysia:
- to any related, affiliated and subsidiaries of Capital PSZ Sdn Bhd in or out of Malaysia, including those incorporated in the future;
- to our business partners and online affiliates that provide related service or products in connection of our business;
- to our advisers, including auditors, consultants, advocates and solicitors, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers or credit bureau;
- to any agent or service provider to whom we may have outsourced services to, subject always that such parties acknowledge the confidentiality and rights of the data user and to comply with the provisions of the Act;
- to regulatory authorities or notified bodies including bodies providing quality certification of our products upon their request;
- to any persons, banks, financial institutions, credit bureau, government agencies, statutory boards or authorities and/or industry regulators whom we are compelled or required to do so pursuant to Malaysian law and/or elsewhere;
- to our third party service providers, suppliers or other parties as may be deemed necessary by us to facilitate your dealings with us;
- to anyone to whom we may transfer contractual rights; and/or
- to any other parties approved by you or to whom we consider it in our interests to makes such disclosure.
Third parties are legally tasked with processing your personal data in line with principles specified by us. When using your personal data for the Purposes stated in Section 4, we will require the third parties to handle your personal data using the same level of care that we apply. We will also require them to only use your personal data according to our instructions and directions.
Third parties are also held legally responsible for securing your personal data at an appropriate level of security in relation to applicable data protection laws and widely accepted industry standards.
9. DATA TRANSFER AND SHARING
In the event we consider it is necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on behalf of you, we may transfer your personal data to another member of Capital PSZ Sdn Bhd or third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
10. DATA INTEGRITY
It is your responsibility to ensure that all your personal data submitted to us are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all aspects. You shall by notice in writing to us of any changes to your personal data supplied to you by us to ensure that all your personal data is kept up-to-date. We shall not be held liable or responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or not updated.
11. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We shall retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the Purposes abovementioned and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We shall destroy and/or delete any personal data from our system in the event such data is no longer required for the Purposes and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
12. SECURITY MEASURES
We respect every customer’s right of privacy and security of information. As such, we shall take appropriate and reasonable measures to protect the personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction when processing the personal data.
13. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
It is your right as a data subject to send your request in writing and email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Operation Department) any time after the submission of your personal data to us, in the event you wish to:
- enquire about your personal data;
- request for correction of any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete or not up- to- date provided such enquiries are permitted under the Act and/or the existing laws and you agree that we may impose a reasonable charge to cover the costs of complying with such requests;
- request for explanation on the policies or procedures in respect of your personal data which has been provided to us;
- make complaints in relation to the processing of your personal data by us;
- request us to stop processing your personal data;
- request us to limit the process of your personal data; and/or
- inform us on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to us subject to any legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected.
14. OPT-OUT CHOICE
If you do not wish to receive information from us and intend to be removed from our mailing list, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
This Notice of personal data is issued in English, Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese. If there are any inconsistencies between the English version, the Bahasa Malaysia version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
16. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this Notice from time to time without prior notice. If there are material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by posting a notice of such changes on our website or by sending you a notification directly. Do periodically review this Notice to stay informed on how we are protecting your personal data.